Saturday, April 30, 2011

Finals, death be to thee

So I finally am getting some studying done. Finished up all my lab reports for o-chem and booked through my page of notes I am allowed for my sociology final. It feels good to finally get stuff done. I guess I just work up ready to motivate myself: I checked my weight and I am down hella since the last time I weighed myself. I feel good about it. I also worked out for over an hour. Well, maybe just an hour - I had to take a break because the stupid iron pills made me vomit. I'm not kidding, throwing up... I guess it's bile is the worst thing in the world. I despise it so much, but I can't allow myself to eat food.
Right now I am sitting in a room studying with my best friend - we are facing each other at separate desks which is why I am able to type this - and all I can think of is how he would react if he knew what I've been doing these pasts weeks. The extreme decrease in food consumption, the increase in exercise, the amount of time I've spent reading books on anorexia, watching every documentary I can find about it and just writing this blog. I feel like he would flip out for sure. He knows about all my issues and I kind of feel bad about doing this to him, but he is the one preaching about how I have to start doing things for myself, and that's what I am doing. I am doing this for me. At the same time it makes laugh and strikes me as sad. He wants to be a doctor (yeah, he is the kid who easily gets A's in all his classes and is a certified genius destined to help the world) and yet he can't seem to figure out when I am my worst. When I am doing pretty ok he is always on my case making sure everything is legit with me. I don't get it. I feel he might need to be a bit more observant if he wants to be a good doctor. However, he is also the one who refuses to hear me out, so apparently he does need a bit more work before becoming doctor material.
Also, why is so easy to lie to people? Has anyone ever experienced a moment in which your friend is really concerned about you and corners you asking if everything is okay and you can respond with something as lame as "yeah, I'm just tired" and they accept it? I really don't know whether to laugh at how gullible people can be or just feel sad that no one really cares enough to recognize something is wrong and refuse to accept lame excuses. Oh well, I've gotten to the point where I am just going to play people and see how far I can get before one of them grows a brain. Stay strong.  

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on studying and getting your work done! I have a huge problem with procrastination, I wish I were as determined as you. I also take iron pills, for anemia. People outside the ED community won't ever truly understand why we do this, but it's very sweet that they care. Remember, this whole community is always here for you, if you ever feel a bit down. Stay safe, and have an amazing day, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, yes I get that to. When you actually are upset, you can brush people off with an, "I'm okay." But when you are fine people badger you constantly asking if you're altight. Do you get that? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the time. Apparently when I am miserable I look absolutely perfect but my happy face looks absolutely tortured with pain? I'm glad I am not the only one who experiences that :)

    ReplyDelete